(If you want to go onto another island, instead of returning to Big Island, let us know.)
Pearl Harbor From Kona or Hilo
Take A Day And Visit Pearl Harbor From Kona or Hilo.
If you’ve ever wanted to visit Pearl Harbor, Oahu don’t miss the opportunity to do so, even if you’re staying on the Big Island. We’ll book your flights to Honolulu and handle all transportation for you once you arrive so you can enjoy your time in Honolulu while taking in the sights of Pearl Harbor and the surrounding areas.
There are six Pearl Harbor tours from the Big Island. All tours include inter-island flights to-and-from Honolulu and throughout Hawaii as well as tickets to board a Navy skip that takes you out to the Arizona Memorial. They also include all transportation on the island of Oahu (rental vehicle option available for self-guided exploring).
Our small group tours provide personalized service and comfort in our Mercedes Sprinters that carry 12 guests or fewer per tour.
Kona or Hilo To Pearl Harbor Frequently Asked Questions
The only way to get to Pearl Harbor is to fly from either Kona or Hilo airports. Then once on Oahu you will need to find your way to the Historic Pacific Park site which is where Arizona Memorial and other Pearl Harbor sites can be accessed from. There is no ferry service between the main Hawaiian islands.
Pearl Harbor is located at the Southern end of the island of Oahu. It is the 2nd oldest of the main 4 Hawaiian Islands with the Big Island being the youngest.
You can find Pearl Harbor on the map at: 1 Arizona Memorial Place Honolulu, Hawaii 96818
Pearl Harbor is open every day. We provide one of our tours every day except on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Yearʻs Day, and December 7th. each year.
Since you have to take a flight to get from the Big Island to get to Pearl Harbor you need to factor your time getting to the airport in plenty of time before your departure. After that, the flight is relatively short.
Kailua-Kona Airport – 40 minutes
Hilo Airport – 50 minutes
Hilo Airport Information
- Address: 2450 Kekuanaoa St, Hilo, HI 96720
- Parking Fee at Hilo Airport: $15 for 24 hours
- Distance from resort areas to Hilo Airport:
- Hilo bayfront is approximately 3 miles.
- Leave your hotel 1.5 hours before flight departure.
- The airport is small and has nice couches to lounge on.
Kona Airport Information
- Address: 73-200 Kupipi St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
- Parking Fee at Kona Airport: $15 for 24 hours
- Distance from Resort areas to Hilo Airport:
- Kailua is approximately 8 miles. Leave your hotel 1.75 hours before flight departure.
- Waikoloa is approximately 25 miles. Leave your hotel 2 hours before flight departure.
- The airport tends to be very busy for itʻs size. There is not a lot of comfortable seating.
You can definitely maximize your trip over to Oahu by staying a few days. We recommend a vacation package that includes flights from Kona or Hilo, 3-nights in a great resort in Waikiki, 2 meals a day, and all the top activities. Talk to our team and ask us what options are available for your group.
Staying on another island should not stop you from visiting Pearl Harbor on Oahu. A short interisland flight from Kona or Hilo is available. You will meet your guide curbside at the airport in Honolulu and get you back in time from your return flight that same day.
You are responsible for transportation from your accommodation to the airport on the Big Island and back. We take care of all the transportation from there. Flights are included in all our tours starting from the Big Island
There are only so many flights per day from each airport and the best flight times are normally very busy. We want to maximize your day on Oahu so the sooner we know you want to go the better. You should definitely book before you arrive on the Big Island.
There are a few things every guest needs to know about visiting Pearl Harbour.
- Bring your reusable water bottle. There are water filling stations available.
- Bags that are not completely see-through must be checked for $3.00 before entering the park.
- Any camera with a lens longer than 6 inches also can not be used.
- You canʻt wear a swimsuit onto Arizona.
Before you even head to the airport on the Big Island, you will be in touch with your guide for the day. They will let you know who they are, their phone number, and anything else you need to know.
In most cases, you will exit from the interisland terminal after leaving security and see your guide waiting for you. Otherwise, the tour vehicle will be parked out to the right in the commercial pickup parking lot.
For guests who are on a self-guided trip, you will make your way to the rental vehicle shuttle and make your way to the rental desk. Our on-island concierge will be available by phone to help you out, every step of the way.